A doctor can have five consultations in the surgery in the time it takes to do a home visit. Please try to phone the surgery before 10:30. When you call the team will initially ask for the details and confirm your contact details. A triage nurse will then contact you to discuss it further.
The criteria for Home Visits:
• Home visits are reserved for patients who are genuinely housebound and who do not leave the house for any reason. Including those in residential and nursing homes.
• We will visit only if the patient’s clinical condition prevents them from travelling to the surgery and they are deemed to have a medical condition that necessitates an urgent medical opinion.
• Age is not a criterion for a home visit, the criteria applies to both older and younger people.
• Home visits will not be undertaken for social / transport reasons.
• The clinician may refuse to visit the patient and offer an urgent appointment at the surgery if he/she feels that is more appropriate.